“One team, one family”
We’re always looking for new players who want to experience the thrill of playing rugby! We have programs available for boys and girls of all ages and abilities. No experience is necessary to play and enjoy rugby. Everybody starts somewhere and Essex will teach you everything you need to know to enjoy the sport.
The Bulldogs do not hold tryouts
It’s pretty simple, you can’t get better if you don’t play. If you play rugby with the Bulldogs, you are guaranteed to get playing time in scrimmages and live matches to develop your skills and bond with your teammates.
What you need to play
- Jersey (provided by the club)
- Rugby shorts (can be purchased online)
- Cleats (“boots”): Soccer, football, or rugby cleats are all acceptable
- U19/High School Boys (9th-12th grade)
- U19/High School Girls (9th-12th grade)
- Coed Middle School Rugby (7th & 8th grade)
- Coed Youth Rugby (5th & 6th grade)
- Coed Rookie Rugby (1st-6th grade)
Costs per player (includes Club Fees and MYRO fees)
- Boys and Girls High School $200
- Coed Middle School $200
- Coed Youth Flag Rugby (5-6 grade) $100
- Coed Rookie Flag Rugby (1-4 grade) $50
User fees help pay for game jerseys, training equipment, match balls, field time, insurance, referees and hosting post-game socials for visiting teams. Mass Youth Rugby Organization (MYRO) fees provide individual insurance for the player through USA Rugby and certify them through their CIPP program .
To register to play for the Bulldogs, go to the sign up page.
If you have any questions about the Essex County Bulldogs, Rugby, or anything else, please contact the appropriate coach on the contacts page.